When it comes to innovating or buying a new product, there are always a number of questions and doubts that come completely naturally, but which we must answer as soon as possible in order to make a good investment.
If you are one of those people who have started to consider using artificial grass either in the home or at the office you may have many questions, one of which is what artificial grass is. Bearing this in mind, what we are looking for with this post is to be able to offer you a good, complete and also instructive answer that allows you to know what it is and what it can do for your spaces.
What is artificial turf?
As its name indicates, it is a product that seeks to make use of a grass that is not natural, that is to say, it is not made up of a vegetable fibre but on the contrary, it is made up of fibres that are synthetic and which are very similar to one that is really natural, in colour, shape and texture.
The idea of using this product is that it can replace the natural one in order to save in costs that go from saving water, maintenance such as pruning it among many others that are required so that it can stay green, healthy and functional.
Within what is the artificial turf we must mention that the most important use with which it became known to the world, was especially within the football stadiums among other sports, which made people familiar with what it was.
The use of this product is quite safe, does not require such rigorous maintenance, and also prevents accidents by offering a natural look and feel of grass.
This need also resulted from the fact that it was becoming increasingly difficult to get grass to grow in this type of sports space, the scarcity of sunlight among other things requiring time, effort and a lot of money. That is why artificial turf is a really useful solution when it comes to providing suitable conditions for play, for example.
Who invented artificial turf?
In the context of artificial turf, it is worth mentioning who invented it. This is an essential part of the story and we can say that it was thanks to David Chaney the person who, with an interdisciplinary team, managed to create this turf. It is known that the first time they used it correctly was in 1966 when the Houston Astrodome allowed the installation of the same. We must remember that the first stadium that allowed this type of progress was positioned as one of the best places in which a series of sports could be carried out, including the famous American football and baseball.
All this was possible, mainly for the reason we had already mentioned, and that is that the natural grass had completely deteriorated preventing the practice of any sport.
Over time, the use of this type of grass became so popular that even FIFA was determined to regulate it, at least in relation to sport.
Nowadays, artificial turf can be considered as a useful material for other areas such as interior and exterior decoration.
Types of artificial turf.
Within those that are necessary to know that there is a classification, or typology, we can mention then some important types as they are for example:
- Totally synthetic: one of the types that we can find is then the grass that is 100% synthetic. This one is more thought to be used in great spaces like those of totally sport use, which are ideal since they are made with fine synthetic bristles and in addition to the suitable length. They are created to withstand wear and tear. They are used especially for tennis courts, soccer fields, among others.
- With sand and rubber infill: within what is the artificial grass we find a type, which is composed of sand and rubber. It is used especially when it is a question of cushioning the ground well, so that falls or blows that can be had, are minor and allow that the persons who play for example are well protected. It is ideal for the protection of people, but also for the field itself.
- With sand filling: another type we find is undoubtedly this one, which is formed by a layer of sand, but also of silica that makes it extremely resistant, so it can be more easily adhered due to the weight. It is perfect for any environment, including a sports one.
- Decorative: this is another type that we can find with respect to the artificial grass type. It is used as its name suggests to be used as decorative ornamentation in exteriors to represent gardens, or also to decorate interiors that require a greener and more illuminated appearance.
- Sports: Made for sports use. Artificial grass for football, tennis, paddle, multisport, golf, hockey, rugby etc
- Sand and rubber: another type we find is undoubtedly the one made and filled with sand and rubber, components that allow them to work as perfect shock absorbers, it is also the type of grass that is used especially for spaces where people have a greater interaction, such as sports areas and parks. They are perfect for football, among others as we can see.
Within artificial turf this is all we can mention, which we consider to be relevant for making assertive decisions. Within the types we must also be aware that there is a wide variety of qualities as well as colors, all this allows us to have a grass that has a totally realistic appearance and that adapts to the needs of each client.
For more information you can contact us.