There are a variety of types of artificial turf on the market, some at first glance seem to make no difference, and sometimes customers don’t even know the basics of the turf, which is why these tips will guide you when you buy your artificial turf so that you are sure of what you are looking for.
Criteria for choosing the best artificial turf
To choose the artificial grass that will occupy the space you will transform inside or outside your home, you need to discern some points and conclude which one suits you.
- Children and pets at home: it is advisable to choose a synthetic grass that is soft, fireproof, hypoallergenic and antistatic. The recommended grasses are those with medium and long bristles, from 30 to 60 mm.
- Depending on the traffic: where will you install the grass, is the circulation of people low or high? If your answer is positive you should opt for an artificial grass with short bristles, 20 to 30 mm. Otherwise, the grass from 30 to 60 mm.
- Drainage: necessary for water to flow more or less quickly. If where you are going to install it is necessary, such as around a swimming pool, you need a lawn with very good drainage.
- Fiber recovery: it is the capacity of the fiber to recover after being stepped on, consider if the area will be very busy, if you will place furniture or a removable pool.
- Resistance to chemical products.
The following tips will help you to have a clearer idea when choosing the artificial grass that suits you best.
- When asking yourself which artificial turf is right for you, the first thing you should think about is where you are going to lay it and how you are going to use it. These guidelines will help you to achieve the characteristics of the ideal turf for you.
- The height of the synthetic turf is another feature that you should take care of when choosing the right one. This value depends on whether there will be a lot of traffic in the area where you are installing it.
- The texture and colour you want for your artificial turf is very important: do not choose very fine textures for areas where traffic is very fluid. On the other hand, consider that high-end grasses have the best shades that give the grass a lot of realism.
- One thing you should know is that artificial grass comes in rolls, and most are 2 metres long.
- Different manufacturers and suppliers give different guarantees, so we advise you to look for reputable suppliers and read the conditions and terms of the guarantees they give.